Friday, May 10, 2019

Yonkers Hanami

I live in the fourth largest city in New York State, a city of about 200,000 residents. My particular neighborhood is a blend of single-family homes, multi-family houses, and an assortment of apartment buildings of various sizes, all bounded by commercial strips to the south (McLean Avenue) and north (Yonkers Avenue). My particular street has a nice variety of trees lining it, including a couple of gorgeous cherry trees:




Yonkers isn't exactly the first place one thinks of when one thinks of hanami, but that is probably all for the best... I mean, who wants to elbow their way through throngs of cosplayers just to grab a slice at the local pizza joint?

1 comment:

Derilique said...

Rumsey Road is particularly beautiful this time of year. On my way to work in Riverdale from Mt vernon, I frequently get off at that exit on the Cross County/Sawmill Pkwy merge just to drive slowly and soak in the ephemerality of it all.