Thursday, May 2, 2019

Bite Me, or My Bid for Superpowers

I'm not an arachnaphobe by any stretch of the imagination, probably because we don't have brown recluse spiders in my neck of the woods. That being said, it's not like I seek out physical contact with spiders, but when the spider in question is a jumping spider, I am not inclined to brush it off immediately. I mean, isn't this sucker cute?




I let it hang out on my arm for a few minutes, watching the uncanny way it appeared to 'blink' like Eugene the Jeep due to the speed and distance of its jumps. Part of me was hoping that it would bite me so I could enter the Spiderverse like this guy.

Oh, and lest I forget and have Smut Clyde chastise me, I need to file this post under Helping Jennifer.

4 comments:

StringOnAStick said...

Jumping spiders are really entertaining, it's obvious they are looking at you and reacting to your movements. The black widows that try to occupy our garage also react in a similar fashion but are seriously lacking in the "cute" department. We've got some other kind of large spider around here that has a carapace like a Klingon forehead, not sure what that one is.

Anonymous said...

My house is full of cellar spiders and I love it. I believe they deal with insects that come in as effectively as an insecticide. Ok, they're not so good with ants, but a nice line of orange oil across areas where they come in works great. Yes I'm kind of a crazy bug lady, but I swear I only have one cat. Bonnie

Ali Redford said...

Bonnie-awesome! :-) :-) :-)

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

The black widows that try to occupy our garage also react in a similar fashion but are seriously lacking in the "cute" department.

They are pretty sharp looking, though, with that glossy black carapace and red contrast. I have read that they are not aggressive, but I don't think I'd be cool with one bouncing around my arm like this little guy.

Yes I'm kind of a crazy bug lady, but I swear I only have one cat.

I believe we'll get along just fine, Bonnie.

Bonnie-awesome! :-) :-) :-)

Seconded!