Sunday, November 21, 2021

Virginia Bound

Today, I will be driving to Mom's house in northern Virginia, on the first leg of my Thanksgiving vacation trip.  The plan is to stay overnight, then hit the road early tomorrow on our trip to Alabama, where my brother Vincenzo lives.  Seeing the news coverage of assaults on airline personnel, and disruptions in air travel, convinced Mom that flying would not be a pleasant prospect.

I have to confess that I am a little behind the 8-ball this morning... drinking a lot of whisky the night before tends to do that.  It's a good thing that I pack light, and plan on wearing sweats for most of the week.

1 comment:

John said...

My wife and I scratched attending the annual dinner party and gathering for the second year. My relatives, by blood and by marriage, are fairly bright, and have been vaccinated and boosted, and flu beshotted as well. The party is going off about eighty miles from here. Shortly after we announced our intentions, one of my daughters and her husband scratched as well.

It's dealing with unmasked masses in retail surroundings that scares me. McWife and I will be deepening our butt-dents on the couch in front of the TV for the foreseeable future.

As we enter the gorging season, I wish happiness on you and yours.