Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Non COVID-19 Death Rates

One interesting side narrative to the pandemic horror show that has dominated the news for almost two years is that COVID-19 vaccine recipients have lower non-COVID mortality rates than the unvaccinated:

After standardizing mortality rates by age and sex, this study found that COVID-19 vaccine recipients had lower non–COVID-19 mortality than did unvaccinated persons.

I don't know why this is true, but I have a hunch- I suspect that vaccinated persons are more risk-averse than the unvaccinated.  I know that I have been more careful since the pandemic started, less inclined to go through yellow traffic signals, less likely to take shortcuts in routine tasks.  Simply put, I don't want to end up in a hospital emergency room when resources are scarce and pathogens are high.  Additionally, vaccinated persons aren't taking dangerous off-the-wall 'remedies' for COVID symptoms, as unvaccinated persons are.

Post written and set up before my road trip.

2 comments:

Richard said...

We already knew that.
Let's get back to the road trip. I agree with your mom about not taking the plane. Please be careful and try not to drive at night too much.
I am wishing you and family and friends a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

Anathema Device said...

Stay safe on your travels, Mr B, and have a peaceful, wonderful Thanksgiving.