Saturday, November 7, 2020

Schadenfreude und Freudefreude

 Today, there was a palpable sense of relief among my coworkers over the victory of the Biden/Harris ticket.  The Orange Ogre is on his way out, soon to be replaced by Joe Biden, a decent man and Kamala Harris, a truly transformative figure, being the first woman, African-American, and Asian-American US VP.

There is a pure, unadulterated joy about this victory, and an incipient return of an America that had been stolen from its crib and replaced by a grotesque changeling.  There is also the Schadenfreude of seeing right-wingers, truly members of a cult, melting down.  For all of their talk of liberal snowflakes, they are experiencing true angst.

Meanwhile, the party goes on, with joyous crowds in the streets.  I'm stuck at work, but I'm getting my jollies watching the various reactions to the news. This music video is particularly amusing:


It's back to searching for despondent deplorables content now...I can't drink alcohol on the job to celebrate, but I can get drunk off of rightie tears.

3 comments:

Al said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Al said...

That comment was kind of harsh. I apologize.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

You can be as harsh as you want here. I'm a Yonkers boy.