Thursday, November 19, 2020

Killer Capitalism

 I don't complain about my job... I'm pretty much left to my own devices, and my immediate boss is very responsive when I bring a concern to his attention.  When the COVID-19 outbreak occurred, the Main Office assembled a coronavirus care package for all employees on duty- a box of fifty face masks and a bottle of hand sanitizer.  Nitrile gloves are provided at all sites.  Suffice it to say, I don't work for a bunch of sociopaths.  It seems like I am one of the lucky ones...

Supervisors at a Tyson Foods pork processing plant in Waterloo, Iowa were found out running a betting pool concerning the number of employees who would contract COVID-19.  These same supervisors canceled safety meetings and downplayed the incidence of the virus in the plant.  By May, over a thousand plant employees tested positive for COVID-19.

The negligence of the plant supervisors that led to the spread of the coronavirus is horrific enough, but the callousness with which the supervisors treated the peril in which they placed their employees is even worse.  The prospect of dead peasants was merely a joke to these monsters.

I will make sure I avoid any products put out by Tyson and its subsidiaries until they put a stop to these horrible practices.

2 comments:

bluzdude said...

And these are the people who would surely benefit from Moscow Mitch's assistance on COVID immunity for employers being included in any relief bill.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Yeah, that poison pill is particularly grotesque.