Monday, November 2, 2020

Gonna Be a Long Night

 Tonight is going to be a weird one... a night of anticipation, like Christmas Eve, but with the possibility that there's a small chance that Santa Claus might leave a biological weapon under the tree.  I believe that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris will win- it's hard for an incumbent to run on his record when he's got a six-figure body county on his tiny, reddened hands.

I have the alarm set for 6AM.  I don't have to be at work until 9AM, but I plan on voting before heading out on the road.  I had planned to vote early last week, but the lines to the early polls were wrapped around two sides of the local library.  For the record, I've never had to wait more than ten minutes to vote in my usual polling place, two and a half blocks away.

I don't know what to expect tomorrow- I imagine many of the voters either voted by absentee ballot or voted early.  I don't expect any shuttle buses from the local assisted living community near work this plague year.  

I really should try to get some sleep, but it's not that easy, given the sense of anticipation, and for many people, of dread.  I will vote for the Biden/Harris ticket to ensure that fewer people have sleepless nights.  Maybe Vulgarmort is onto something when he calls Joe Biden 'Sleepy Joe'...it's just not Joe who's sleeping.

No comments: