Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Weighing in on Weiner

Wow, I'm glad I didn't put up a Weiner post before the sordid truth came out. So, now that Weiner is revealed as a putz, I feel I should make a couple of observations.

First off, I don't think Weiner should resign. Yeah, he acted like a dick, but nobody was harmed, and it's his wife's choice to forgive him or to DTMFA
. If his constituents want to vote him out of office in the next election, that is their prerogative, indeed their duty. Any comparisons to Chris Lee, the former GOP representative from upstate New York, are ridiculous. Chris Lee voluntarily resigned soon after the revelation that he was soliciting NSA hookups on Craigslist, probably in an (unsuccessful) attempt to hide the fact that he was apparently seeking hookups with transgendered ladies. Personally, I think that Chris Lee's transgender fetish is less immoral than the fact that he was involved with a party that would deny transgendered persons rights. Yeah, Mr. Lee, it sure when ain't wunderbar you want to get your six inch cock in someone you wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole (a tenpole?). Yeah, Lee chose to hang it up, it's Weiner's choice to follow suit.

I have to say, I'm more pissed off at Nancy Pelosi than I am at Anthony Weiner. Really, House Minority leader Pelosi, you want an investigation of Weiner after you refused to go after Bush? Damn, typing that sentence out made me feel like a fifth grade "wag". This is the damn Clinton era all over again, when substantial crimes are ignored and stupid sexual peccadillos are investigated in minute detail. Really, people, Clinton and Weiner didn't kill people with their dongs... that being said, Clinton and Weiner should have been up front about their misconduct. Shit, if Clinton had merely said, "I got a blowjob in the Oval Office, and it was FUCKING GREAT!", he and the nation would have avoided a lot of grief. Back off, Representative Pelosi, you blew your chance to conduct an investigation that really mattered, an investigation into real crimes that resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands and injury to countless others.

Weiner, hang in there, you've got to be hard. If you have to push back against those in your own party, do so... thrust against those who are seeking to soften you up and render you impotent.

Damn, the fifth grade jokes keep on writing themselves. As immature as I've been these past fifteen minutes, I've got nothing on the immaturity of Rep. Weiner and the whole goddamn news media.

Now excuse me, I've got some Tenpole Tudor songs to listen to.

UPDATE: Jack Crow has a great post taking Weiner to the woodshed. I have to confess, I did not know that Weiner's first political campaign used race-baiting tactics at an ugly time in the city's history when racial tensions were extremely high.

SECOND UPDATE: In a comment at Roy's place, in response to the line:

But now, because of Weinergate he is, as they say, outraged at Chappaquiddick:

I posted the title by which I will refer to the scandal formerly known as Weinergate from now on... SNAPADICKPIC!!!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I came to the conclusion as well that it is up to the Missus and his constituents. I got all hot n' friggin bothered about the whole lying on every media outlet known to man..but he IS a politician and all those fuckers lie at some point for personal gain.

Have to check out the link at the end of your piece. I had no idea either that Big Anthony was a race-baiter.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Have to check out the link at the end of your piece. I had no idea either that Big Anthony was a race-baiter.

He was little Big Anthony then.

Unknown said...

Personally,I refer to his dick as Little Anthony. You make a great snarky point as well.

Hamish Mack said...

I disagree about resigning, sorry Thunder, because it's about the lying for me. Chuck out all of the liars.
You get caught with the wanger in the cupboard, you get up and say "Yeah it was me, I was in a bad place, I'm working through it and now I'm asking you to respect my privacy. Privatising Medicare is a bigger deal than my juvenalia." Several years of penance to one's wife, follow.
End of story no more comment. Also you can question why Brietbart brought it up, is he making moral judgements now?

Oh capcha is all Style manual now? "Compress". Sit and rotate capcha, ha ha ha

Unknown said...

Andy Breitbart now has credibility. That is the worst part of the whole friggin thing. That is the last human on the face of this earth that should be considered credible on anything other than 'donde esta el bano' type questions/issues after what he did to Shirly Sherrod and Faux helped that one along as expected.

Andy B demanded and got an apology. Screw that little cunt-haired bag of shit. Did he ever apologize to Sherrod? Did he apologize for freaking the fuck out and flipping off audience members on Maher's show a while back, simply because they didn't like/believe him and told him so?

Dr.KennethNoisewater said...

Really, House Minority leader Pelosi, you want an investigation of Weiner after you refused to go after Bush? Damn, typing that sentence out made me feel like a fifth grade "wag". This is the damn Clinton era all over again, when substantial crimes are ignored and stupid sexual peccadillos are investigated in minute detail. Really, people, Clinton and Weiner didn't kill people with their dongs... that being said, Clinton and Weiner should have been up front about their misconduct. Shit, if Clinton had merely said, "I got a blowjob in the Oval Office, and it was FUCKING GREAT!"


Thank you. Amen. Grrrrr.

Unknown said...

Its the coverup..and I love this part..for both Clinton and Big Anthony..it wasn't a crime...its called guilt and then panic sets in.

Whats worse a liar or someone that likes to send prick pix to women? As long as the latter does nothing more..he is just an icky jerkwad.

Jack Crow said...

Linkage thanks, BBBB. All credit to Ms. Kimberley.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Dammit you all are beating me to the grain alcohol punch, just because I've got blogitis.

I think it is silly to demand that Weiner resign for this, given all the horrible tools in our government who have and/or are currently doing much worse.

If you want Weiner to resign, at least make it over something that matters: cheerleading Israel's relentless persecution of the Palestinians.
~

Hamish Mack said...

That's a scene that should never have been heard

Glennis said...

Well, he should resign....right after David Vitter does.