Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Happy Birthday, Sister Mine!

Today's my sarcastic, brilliant sister's birthday. She's a bona-fide rocket scientist (her specialty is battery systems for satellites), married to another bona-fide rocket scientist and mother to two amazing sons.

My sister had the knack for dispensing nicknames... she saddled my baby brother with the moniker "Gomez" and my older brother with "Sweetums". Once time, a friend of mine called the house and she announced the call with, "Another one of your mutant friends is on the line!"

She's mellowed considerably since then, but life's still not dull when she's around.

6 comments:

Dr.KennethNoisewater said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, B^4's sis!

True story...one of my internet nyms was peppermintgomez.

w/v seems somehow appropriate with all the gomez talk: untivera

Whale Chowder said...

And her nickname for you was: _______

w/v wants to guess tsaudox. Is that it?

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I pretty much escaped the nickname trap, as did my other brother.

Substance McGravitas said...

She sounds COMPLETELY unfair to mutants.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

She sounds COMPLETELY unfair to mutants.

She never intended her statement to be a value judgement, just a factual one.

Unknown said...

Gawd, If Only I had a sister like that. No, I get the15 year meth addict, the biblethumping one and of course the Yuppie Sista from Hell in San Diego. None have a sense of humor..or tatas...I got both of those things. ;)

So happy belated to your wonderful sis. Here's hoping she has many more.