Monday, June 13, 2011

Didn't Mention This in Friday's Post

Before Thursday night's Secret Science Club lecture, we were treated to a performance by Canadian rapper, artist, and polymath Baba Brinkman. Mr. Brinkman is in NYC to perform his Rap Guide to Evolution. I was able to chat with him for a bit, and he's a hell of a nice guy who is doing Good Work. I am going to try to get to the show on its opening night. Here's a sample of Mr. Brinkman's work, The Natural Selection Rap:





I believe Mr. Brinkman is from Vancouver. Hopefully he and New York's own Zach Charlop-Powers won't start an East Coast/West Coast Science Rap feud. The prospect of lab-coated scenesters beating each other with slide rules on the streets of major American cities terrifies me.

9 comments:

Dr.KennethNoisewater said...

OK, I have a babby to attend to, so I can't watch the vid now, but I am DYING to. Also, this entry made me chuckle. Let's hope these guys don't get "Zinger vs. Burns" bad

grrrrrr!!! Can't find the fucking video anywhere. NBC is so fascist.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

The Gooper debates this evening shook my faith in evolution.
~

M. Bouffant said...

The science/chem geeks in my high school used Bunsen burner tubing & clamps to make Super-Soakers well before Super-Soakers. Worse than slide rules; the collateral damage could be wide-ranging.

fish said...

The prospect of lab-coated scenesters beating each other with slide rules on the streets of major American cities terrifies me.

I've done that.

Cheeeeemmmmiissssttttsssss!!!!!!! Come out and plaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

Dragon-King Wangchuck said...

I rate 4 Baba Brinkman. Here are some tracks.

Gorilla Bananas said...

Bravo. I am proud to call him 'cousin', in spite of his lack of hair.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

grrrrrr!!! Can't find the fucking video anywhere. NBC is so fascist.

Should I worry about Alec Baldwin running for mayor of NYC?

The Gooper debates this evening shook my faith in evolution.

As Charles Portis wrote, "Look at those eyes, we are entering a new Age of Reptiles."

Worse than slide rules; the collateral damage could be wide-ranging.

Especially if they are using caustic chemicals in lieu of water!

Cheeeeemmmmiissssttttsssss!!!!!!! Come out and plaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!!

I rate 4 Baba Brinkman.

As long as you don't 'bate for him!

Gorilla Bananas, thanks for stopping by the neighborhood- always nice to see a new face, especially one with such an impressive supraorbital ridge!

Anonymous said...

xanax without a perscription xanax pills description - xanax generic g3719

Anonymous said...

generic xanax overdose by xanax - xanax and alcohol combo