Friday, July 15, 2011

A Typical Member of the Family

My brother, Sweetums, told me a story about one of his sons that simultaneously cracked me up and swelled me up with pride. Yeah, his boys are typical members of the family.

Before packing the kids off to bed, my brother told them to put away the stuff that had be strewn all over the floor. In the interests of fair play, he divided up the labor by telling N. to pick up the blocks and the toy trains, and he told boy T. to pick up the books and the dinosaurs.

After the boys had been given their orders, he gave them some time to perform the task at hand. When he came back to inspect the room, he found a dime-store Dimetrodon on the floor. He told boy T., "You didn't pick up that Dimetrodon."

Boy T. responded, "You told me to pick up the dinosaurs, Dimetrodon isn't a dinosaur."

Yeah, the boy fits right in with the rest of the family.

5 comments:

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Yeah, another smartass brainiac.

M. Bouffant said...

I am saddened that over the last few hundred million yrs. we have evolved out of those sharp-looking sails.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

You could always design a suit with one on the back.

Smut Clyde said...

Scalies: Worse than the furries? Discuss.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

The scaly amputee fetishists are the worst. Damn snakies give me the creeping horrors.