Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day

Last year, I posted the video for X's remarkable Fourth of July, a song which I will doubtlessly blast several times over the course of the day (before heading off to work the big summer fundraising event). The song still resonates, with it's tale of a couple trying to get through a rough patch. This year, I'm posting a jittery number by England's Comsat Angels, a band I really don't know a lot about. While the music of the Comsat Angels sounds nothing like the roots-rock that X specialized in, both bands would have been lumped into the "New Wave" or "Post Punk" categories. Any charting of hits by the bands would have been in the "College" charts. That being said, here's a song which sounds almost entirely unlike anything X ever recorded:





Happy Independence Day to all U.S. readers, and a healthy, enjoyable July 4th to all of my readers outside the States.

2 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Watch out for 'splosions!
~

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the link to the X vid, B. Somehow I missed it when you put it up last year.