Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Dead Zoo

I actually composed this post yesterday. Today, I'm heading down with my brother, Sweetums, and my nephews to one of my all-time favorite places on the planet, a zoo in which the majority of the animals are dead. Of course, I'm a big old dinosaur freak, always have been. The boys share my enthusiasm. In a previous post, I mentioned that I used to be pissed off that the Hall of Vertebrate Paleontology was named after one of the Koch brothers. I now think that it's an appropriate moniker- its a hall filled with the fossils of extinct animals, bearing the name of a fossil who made his money on fossil fuels, and who is doing his damnedest to back policies which are sure to hasten the currently on-going extinction event. What could be a more fitting tribute for the evil old coot?

8 comments:

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

I'm a big old dinosaur freak

hey hey hey....you may be big and bald, but that's still a HORRIBLE thing to say about you!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Smithsonian Museum of Natural History was my favorite non-outdoors destination when I was little.

Lots of dinosaurs!
~

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

The Dead Zoo

Just try it, bub!

Dragon-King Wangchuck said...

What could be a more fitting tribute for the evil old coot?

One. Word.

COCKPUNCH.

M. Bouffant said...

COCKPUNCH.

Not putting my hand near that. A heavy boot, maybe.

Hunger Tallest Palin said...

What could be a more fitting tribute for the evil old coot?

A full-sized, scatologicaly accurate reconstruction of the Augean stables before they were cleaned.

Smut Clyde said...

I have already complained to Substance McG. that the "Biodiversity Museum" he writes about so often is actually full of dead things, and would more correctly be called a Necrodiversity Museum.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Necrodiversity, good one!