Friday, July 1, 2011

Bastard's Back

I've returned from my brief sojourn in the north woods, and will be blogging about the trip (with pics) in the near future. The next couple of days will probably be nuts (big summer fundraising event this weekend), so my posts will most likely be pretty perfunctory. Suffice it to say, Maine was gorgeous, but my time was largely occupied with the work that needed to be done to open camp for the season.

I traveled up with my dad's sister and one of his brothers, and we arrived at camp around 7:30PM. With about an hour of daylight left, we had to open the camp, give it an intitial sweeping-out, and move our stuff into the cabin. The rest of the week was spent working- cutting vegetation by the grey-water leaching field, registering the boat, and getting it in the water. I was able to take a couple of jaunts in the kayak, and spent a good amount of time swimming (bathtime involves jumping into the lake with a bar of Ivory soap).

I took Thunder's advice, and took some pictures, so I'll be posting about the trip as soon as I get through the sheer madness of this coming weekend.

3 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Hurray for taking pictures!

(And Thunder's advice...he's always right, except for when he isn't.)
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

It's funny, I was paddling around with my camera in a Ziplock bag, tied to a "float", in case something stupid happened. I'll put up pictures over the next week or so, when I have time.

Unknown said...

YAY pictures!!! I used to float/tube down the Salt River in AZ, with my camera in a water-tight bowl..it fell out once and nothing funny about paddling your ass off after a floating bowl..whilst in an innertube.

Wait..it IS funny if it happens to someone else. ;p

Have a good weekend BBBB!