Thursday, December 19, 2019

Simpson, Eh?

I'm not a connoisseur of modern country music by any stretch of the imagination. Sure, I have to say that I like some of the old timey stuff, some of the not-so-old-timey stuff, and some of the weird stuff. I'm not really up on anybody current, so I never heard of this Sturgill Simpson guy. His latest album, which is getting some airplay on local college and alternative stations, probably has some of his old fans a little nonplussed. That being said, it's a pretty fantastic rock-and/or-roll track:





The video is pretty crazy, apparently an entire anime film has been released in conjunction with the album. I never associated futuristic samurai driving muscle cars with country musicians before, but I think it's the combination I never knew I needed. Now, can I get a Voltron robot with Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, and Tony Joe White forming a giant, heroic robot? Why leave all the fun to the nerd-rap crowd?

No comments: