Monday, April 8, 2019

Losing My Nerd Credentials?

In an embarrassing turn of events, last week I discovered that my library card had expired. It had been a while since I had checked anything out of a public library, even though I often kill time using the public WiFi in a couple of libraries close to work (I like to beat the rush hour traffic and cool my heels close to the job before clocking in, a vestige of my day’s working in the field). I also regularly haunt the library book sales. I just hadn’t checked anything out in a while.

At any rate, I stopped in the Greenburgh, NY public library because two books I wanted to read were located there, and it’s not far from my typical bar trivia haunt. To my chagrin, my card was no good. The librarian was great, she filled out an application for the county library system so Yonkers can mail me a new card, and allowed me to check out my desired books on a provisional basis. I love it when my tax dollars go to pay dedicated, competent public servants. More on those two books at a later date, when I’ve finished them...

2 comments:

M. Bouffant said...

At least it didn't happen during National Library Wk., which started the 7th.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Appropriate week to get my replacement card, old chum.