Tuesday, December 11, 2018

A Play in Two Acts

Today, we have two related items.... in the first, Democratic Representative Zoe Lofgren asked Google CEO Sundar Pichai why a Google image search for the term "idio" resulted in pictures of Donald Trump:





Meanwhile, down the street, The Donald himself gave the answer:





Funny how Nancy Pelosi got Trump to hang any government shutdown around his neck like a goddamn albatross. In her own quiet, composed way, she forced his hand... I just don't trust the media not to shove this exchange down the memory hole if a government shutdown actually occurs.

3 comments:

Bea said...

It's difficult to watch TV clips of trump, but I did it just to hear him repeatedly say that he would be responsible for a gov't shutdown.

The New York Crank said...

Just a peripheral comment:

I'm really impressed with the job that the morticians did on Mike Pence. He looks amazingly lifelike.

Yours crankily,
The New York Crank

Derilique said...

Every time I read or hear the word albatross, I don't think of the Rime of the Ancient Mariner, I think if this skit from Monty Python:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PJix23IeF8

As for Mike Pence, I read a tweet somewhere that Madame Tussauds need not put a wax dummy up for display, just have Mike show up and just stand there.