Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Hottest Ticket in Town

While listening to the local NPR affiliate, I discovered that Kraftwerk is playing an eight night career retrospective at The Museum of Modern Art. Damn, tickets were only twenty-five bucks, and they went on sale back in February... that's what I get for being a Philistone (not only a Philistine, but a caveman to boot). I've mentioned Kraftwerk in a few posts, but I've never really tackled the band head on. It's a pretty daunting task, as Kraftwerk's DNA can be found in many modern musical styles. It's kinda funny, but exceedingly cool, that a bunch of frosty Teutonic guys could have had such an influence on hip hop:





Since the cool kids are tipping the hat to Substance McGravitas, I thought I'd link to a post in which he embedded a Kraftwerk documentary, but I can't find the original. Guess I'll have to embed it on my own blog:





It's an interesting documentary, and it captures a time during which a quartet of German musicians could travel "From station to station back to Düsseldorf city, meet Iggy Pop and David Bowie."

Just so you all know, I'm not jealous of the folks attending the retrospective shows. HONEST!!!

4 comments:

Vonnie said...

Oh my oh my oh my. I looooove Kraftwerk. Oh my
You get 8 million cooler than me points

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

S_McG is the coolest person I know.

A thousand times cooler than that righteous Bubba fellow. (Except for winning the Masters.)
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Oh my oh my oh my. I looooove Kraftwerk.

You could combine your music and German classes and do an acoustic guitar cover of "Autobahn".

You get 8 million cooler than me points

Von, schazi, I didn't get tickets...

Son of a bitch, those shows sound really great.

Don't they? I feel like a schmo, not being aware of them earlier!

A thousand times cooler than that righteous Bubba fellow.

I dunno, I think Righteous Bubba was cooler- they's why SMcG got rid of him. I demand a full investigation!

Smut Clyde said...

Coulthart was publicising the concerts right from the start. I assumed you knew about them.