Sunday, October 31, 2021

Halloween Home Stretch

Tonight will be the last night of the Fall fundraiser that I have been working all month.  After about eleven o'clock, things will get substantially easier (after a 12 hour Monday night-to-Tuesday morning slog preparing for Election Day.  For this evening, the Manager on Duty is a veteran co-worker who is not all that familiar with the site she will be managing tonight.  Luckily, the rest of us are well-versed in working both site and event, the event itself has a shallow learning curve, and she is a seasoned pro at dealing with large events.  I'm looking forward to working with her, it's been a while since we've been teamed up.

Things will get really quiet after tonight's event, which should be fairly easy.  I will be going back to working with Ginger five nights a week, rather than the three nights a week all November.  Since she outranks me, being a cat, I will let her set the pace for the upcoming winter.



I'm just hoping for no tricks tonight, before I earn my November treat.

No comments: