Monday, November 26, 2018

About to Hit the Road

I’m in the process of packing up for the trip home. I got up at 6:45 so I could see the kids off to school and my brother off to work, then went back to sleep for a few hours. Now, the bag is packed, and I’m showered up and powered up. I just have to put on my traveling clothes, fill up the Camelback, bid adieu to my mom and my sister-in-law, and head out to what Charles Portis called ‘the roadways of pelagic America’. Most of the trip will be the northeasterly I-81 route from Chattanooga to Hazelton, PA, then it’s a scoot across I-80 til I’m home.

I had a ball with family and friends, and I’m positively swollen with pride at my nieces and nephew. The ride home won’t be fun, but my love for the family makes the slog worthwhile.

No comments: