Sunday, September 19, 2021

Seeing an Old Friend

 Last night, I saw an old friend I haven't seen in a while, an intelligent, handsome, good boy named Dexter.  My coworker used to bring him to work on a fairly regular basis, the worksite being an absolute paradise for an active, bright dog.

Last night, my coworker brought Dexter to work, a nice return to the old routine.  He is looking grayer now, his hearing is not so great, and he's not as spry as he used to be, he sometimes has knee problems, but he's still the good boy and the good friend he's always been:

 


I'm sure he had a great time on the job, there are all sorts of interesting smells around, and it was a solid seven hours spent with his very best friend of all.  I was happy to see him, I was reminded of a time when we were both younger and more spry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everybody needs a friend like Dexter.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Yeah, he's a good boy.

Li'l Innocent said...

Do Dexter and Ginger get along? He looks like te kind of fellow who gets along with everybody, regardless of species, given half a chance anyway.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

My coworker usually keeps Dexter and Ginger separate when he brings Dexter.