Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Make Politics Boring Again!

I didn’t watch tonight’s Democratic debate- I don’t have a TV and I didn’t have the gumption to seek it out online. The stage is crowded at this point, and I prefer Elizabeth Warren as a candidate. I really didn’t need to hear from Tulsi Gabbard or the non-Beto white guys on stage tonight, and I had to go grocery shopping and do a load of laundry anyway. I will catch up on the highlights tomorrow.

There’s one critic who had a review of the debate, a man who is an amalgam of all of the bad kids in ‘Willy Wonka’. His review was one word:





Too many big words for his pea brain... Me? I want a return to boring politics. I want a return to the boring days when I didn’t check the PotUS’ Twitter feed to see if he nuked Iran, or Iowa. I want a return to boring technocrats running various Departments, of stable policies run by staid bureaucrats. There’s a value to boring routine- roller coasters are fun, but you wouldn’t want to commute to work on one, especially not one with non-working harnesses and faulty brakes.

Unlike Donald, I want boring, it sure beats horrific.

1 comment:

The New York Crank said...

Well said.

Drearily yours,
The New York Crank