Monday, March 19, 2012

Winter's Last Gasp?

Today, the final day of winter, temperatures have hit the low seventies (low twenties Celsius). We haven't had much of a winter at any rate, but today felt like a day in mid-May rather than mid-March. This being St. Joseph's Day, I walked to Artuso's Pastry Shop to get sfingi, then went to Tibbett's Brook Park, where I noted that the beautiful wood ducks (the prettiest of the North American waterfowl) have returned.

Yeah, it feels more like a late spring or early summer day, rather than the last day of winter, but global warming is not occurring. I know this because James Inhofe tells me so. Inhofe tells us that Scripture refutes the very notion of global climate change. As I recall, Chapter 4, verse 20 of the Book of Gasses reads:


Verily do I say to thee, sayeth The Lord, Carbon Monoxide hath no effect whatsoever on global temperature. Woe unto those who mocketh The Lord by measuring Carbon Monoxide Levels and extapolating climate models from such. The Lord shall strike such blasphemers most sorely with hail and cyclones, for they commit an abomination unto the Fossil Fuel Industry.


Yep, that's how I recall that Bibble passage, and who is any climate researcher to question me?

5 comments:

Substance McGravitas said...

La NiƱa is here and I woke up to snow.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

The Saturday and Sunday rounds of golf (at Paiute) were quite cold. And windy!

But it's hitting 80 in D.C. this week.
~

Dr.KennethNoisewater said...

Weeeeeeeeeell, I was gonna join you in noting the mildness of the weather lately...but then I clicked your pastry link and, ya know, it's hard to type when there's drool on the keyboard...

You and I are not that far apart. I find your weather often mirrors ours.

Nomi said...

"extapolating" or "extRapolating"

No matter. Lovely verse.

Thank you.

In little Rhody, we eat Zeppoles on St. Joseph's Day....

M. Bouffant said...

Spring has sprung?

It's been effing FREEZING (That is, in the lower 40°sF overnight.) around So Cal.