Saturday, December 20, 2014

Punctuated Vacation

I'm back in New York- my department has four members, and on the weekends we have to cover three main sites, so I am back at work. Weekends are not the funnest of times for me, but I'm not complaining- having weekdays off generally means dealing with fewer crowds. Tonight, we had our second-to-last low-key December fundraiser- I will lock up the gates after tomorrow's fundraiser, and locked they shall remain until the spring. These nights are fun, I get to see co-workers who work during the day at other sites, and have met a couple of recent hires. Need I say that my co-workers are a lovely bunch of people?

It's quiet now- all of the other two-legs have left the property, and the Rodent Abatement Team is working in the small building that houses the dayshift's lounge. The site manager had seen mice in the building, so I will be letting Fred and Ginger into that area for a couple of hours every night. During our fundraiser, one of the ladies from the office was working in an area which is usually kept cat free- tonight, Ginger had a special dispensation to be present because, you got it, there are mice in the area... last week, she caught three of the critters. A good performance evaluation goes a long way toward changing typical workplace procedures. Similarly, I get quite a bit of leeway when it comes to ad hoc responses to worksite conditions.

4 comments:

Smut Clyde said...

Catch lotsa mice, BBBB.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

LONG LIVE THE MOUSERS!
~

Glennis said...

Glad you're back and safe! Happy mousing!

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Catch lotsa mice, BBBB.

Tonight, we dine on three squeaks!

LONG LIVE THE MOUSERS!

Heh, F'red-Dib...

Glad you're back and safe! Happy mousing!

I think my colleagues enjoy the work.