Saturday, December 6, 2014

Low-Key Nights

For the next few weekends, we'll be having a nice, low-key fundraiser, compared to the madness that is October. My running joke about the attendance at these events is a cheery greeting: "Welcome NPR listeners!" Being an NPR listener myself, it's an affectionate jest, not a put-down at all. I have some vacation time I need to use before year's end, but I'll be working on the weekends because my department is overextended. No worries there- work sure beats dealing with holiday shopping traffic!

It'll be nice to have people onsite after a few weeks of quiet, and it'll be even nicer at the end of the month to settle in for a nice, long winter of peace and quiet. Over the years, I've come to know quite a few of our regular visitors, and they are all lovely people. It'll be nice saying "thank you, goodbye, enjoy your holidays and we'll see you in the spring" to them.

2 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Is it use-it-or-lose-it vacation?

Because if it is, you're being screwed out of it.

"Here's your vacation, B^4. But we've cut staff so much, you'll have to be a good lad and sacrifice it for the cause."
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Is it use-it-or-lose-it vacation?
Because if it is, you're being screwed out of it.


I knew the risks, I should have taken it before the fall. The thing is, I like being at work, the place is gorgeous!