Saturday, April 5, 2014

You're Lucky I'm Alone!

Last night was a drizzly night, punctuated by brief, torrential downpours. As is typical on such nights, my co-workers didn't even want to leave the building they were "meesing" in at all. Typically, I let them out so we can "go on adventures" for a spell, then I let them into another building which needs meesing for a few hours. Longtime readers will recall that we lost a beloved mouser last year. At any rate, I was pulling solo duty last night when I ran into this little critter:




In the light, you can see some more detail:




While I am no expert in rodent identification, I'd guess that this little critter is a white footed mouse, the most common native rodent in these parts.

At any rate, the little sucker was lucky I was working alone.

Hey, since I posted a couple of videos from Australian bands yesterday, how about a rodent-themed number from Brisbane garage/punk band The Screaming Tribesmen?





There are a couple of live versions of Two Blind Mice on teh t00bz, but the sound quality is sub-par. It's good to see that they are still gigging.

6 comments:

mikey said...

mikey rule of thumb.

Any band that includes 'screaming' in their name is to be avoided at all costs...

Do carry on...

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

What about "Flaming"?

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Where were Fred and Ginger?
~

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Also.
~

mikey said...

I gotta figure Flaming is a very good sign in a band name. Teenage Head by the Flaming Groovies was a helluva record, and Turn it On by the Flaming Lips is one of mikeys favorite songs of all time...

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Where were Fred and Ginger?

They were in one of the buildings they are supposed to cover as the "anti-rodent task force". Outside critters are okay, but inside ones are marked for meesing.

Also.

Mmmmm... poppers...

Teenage Head by the Flaming Groovies was a helluva record, and Turn it On by the Flaming Lips is one of mikeys favorite songs of all time...

Can't argue with that... I love Shake Some Action, though the lyrics don't make sense at all.