Tuesday, April 29, 2014

New Pixies Album

It's been a l-o-n-g time, but The Pixies have released a new album titled "Indie Cindy". The single Bagboy, released last year, had that typical Pixies' guitar crunch, but the lyrics were delivered in a deadpan spoken-word performance which contrasts with the older Pixies "power pop from a warped alternate universe" soft/loud delivery. Sounds like they'd been listening to a lot of rap and a bunch of Cake singles:





I'm digging the new stuff so far, and more importantly, the Pixies are out and about, touring and making live recordings in various venues:





If there's one fly in the proverbial ointment to temper my Pixiesbliss, it's that bassist/vocalist Kim Deal was ousted from the band last year. I have to confess that I get a little weak in the knees everytime I hear her backing vocals in the outré song Debaser, a personal favorite:





2 comments:

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

sheesh. I've only seen them twice, but both have included Kim Deal, so Bam Thwok, as they might siy.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

The real question is, did you ever see both Deal sisters on stage at the same time?