Friday, April 25, 2014

Night of Mucky-Mucks

I have a feeling that tonight is going to be pretty crazy on the job. The organization is previewing a new spring fundraiser, a "swing for the fences" extravaganza that's costing beaucoup simoleons. Besides the technicians who will be swarming all over the place making last-minute adjustments (the crew was on-site until 2AM last night, and returned mid-morning), a lot of the organization's bigwigs will be present. I guess I'll have to shave before heading out to work.

Next month will be occupied by the fundraiser itself. To make things even crazier, our normal season starts next weekend as well. I had to cobble together a tentative schedule for the month, which could change as the department head reassesses staffing needs. This is the first time the organization has endeavored to hold such a grandiose Spring fundraiser (Fall is our crazy season). Before I hop into the shower (can't catass when there are mucky-mucks around... it's okay to catass when you're just working with the cats- just kidding!), I think I'll post an appropriate video from The Vapors (funny how this UK band didn't use the British spelling of the word, something that just hit me tonight):





The Vapors are largely seen as a one-hit novelty act, due to the popularity of their song Turning Japanese. It's a pity, the entire album New Clear Days is fantastic. I'd listen to the album in its entirety, but for the fact that I'll be kept hopping all night.

4 comments:

mikey said...

Turning Japanese marks my yearlong foray into freebase, with me and my nerdy friends building ever more elaborate kits for making and consuming the pure, fat-soluble form of processed coca. Somehow, that whole period, where we lived in a place we called "Junky Joes" is eternally linked with that wonderful one-hit by the Vapors.

Which is fitting, in a way, because when consuming freebase one inhales the vapors.

I want a doctor
To take your picture
So I can look at you from inside as well...

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

You can't spell fundraiser without fun...
~

M. Bouffant said...

Oooh, I bet shaving's a serious commitment for you.

Wise marketing by the Vapours. "'Vah Poors?' Huh? Wuz dat mean?" ask Americans.

Movie The Madness of King George was originally going to be The Madness of King George III but it was decided Americans would think it was a sequel & they'd already missed the first two.

Smut Clyde said...

I bet shaving's a serious commitment for you.

BBBB is not naturally bald?!? ILLUSIONS SHATTERED.