Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Have a Badass Christmas, People!

Merry Christmas to all of my readers. I've been working the graveyard shift, which has largely entailed watching a white Christmas morph into a gray, slushy one as the snow which had been falling in the evening turned to a light rain. Oh, well, Dearest Joey sang "it ain't Christmas if there ain't no snow", but I remember more white Easters than white Christmases here in the NY metro area.

I've never hidden the fact that I love, love, love Joan Jett, so I'm posting her badass take on a Christmas classic to serve as my Christmas post:






Now, how's this for a Christmas surprise? I had no idea that Joan Jett recorded a cover of the Ramones' Judy is a Punk:





Of course, now that I posted a video for a Ramones cover, I feel that I must post the Ramones' beloved Christmas song:





Have a badass Christmas, everybody!

5 comments:

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Just heard this on the radi-adi-o... forgot what a cute song it is.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Agreed on Joan Jett.

Merry Christmas!
~

mikey said...

Said hello to the spirit of ol' 1956
It was pacing in the woods next to '57
Well the highway was my only friend
'cause I went by so quick
Suburban trees were out there
And consequently it smelt like heaven

Substance McGravitas said...

Thanks! You too!

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Jett's cover of androgynous is sweet, plus John Doe:


http://youtu.be/6Bs6QT82Tu4