Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Boxing Day Partings

My sister, my brother-in-law, and my nephews are heading back to Georgia after their somewhat spur-of-the-moment Christmas trip to New York. It's been a fun few days, even though I'm beat from juggling work with socializing. Oddly enough, I have today off, so I'll be able to catch up on some sleep.

New York City takes on a whole new atmosphere during the Christmas season... it's like the setting for a fairytale...

Today is also the Feast of St Stephen, which means that the bars will all be full in my neck of the woods (I live in the tavern district of my fair city). Sadly, though, I'll be working a split-shift on the 27th, so I won't be able to play the boozehound.

2 comments:

Laura said...

That's wonderful that they were able to come for Christmas. :)
Georgia is another place on my "list of places I wish to visit". My bucket list is long. I fear that if I get much older it will become a "fuck it" list. ;)

So.. even though you have to work tomorrow, will you still make it out to the bars to have a few drinks? Obviously, you won't be getting "wasted" (as the kids say).

Omg.. the theme of this comment seems to be about how friggin old I'm feeling today. (Xmas hangover.. just ignore me). ;)

((Hugs))
Laura

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

St. Stephen with a rose...
~