Friday, December 28, 2012

Derive Job Satisfaction Any Way You Can!

Last night, I was working at a site which has been overrun by brown marmorated stink bugs- they seek the warmth of the office, and occasionally make their presence known by taking flight. Whenever I get an opportunity to smash one of the little buggers, I gleefully take it (they're invasive, there's nothing wrong in playing SMASHY SMASHY). When they are smashed, they release a scent which is often compared to that of cilantro. I think the smell is reminiscent of camphor... oddly enough, I don't find it all that unpleasant.

I was in sheer bliss last night, I must have smashed half a dozen of the little perishers. It's the little things that make you truly happy, even the little smashed things around the office.

9 comments:

M. Bouffant said...

Don't brag too much.

mikey said...

I have long suspected the presence of a life-taker in the heart of the Bastard.

Personally, I find bug internals off-putting, so I prefer extensive use of chemical weapons, but I understand your concern for your feline co-workers...

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Dang, I hate the smell of them invasive critters. They get put into a jar of Clorox + water.
~

Vixen Strangely said...

I can understand enjoying killing them--they spook me the hell out. One year a mess of them invaded my front bay window and entwined themselves in the lace curtains. Plucking stink bugs off lace curtains is a thing of serious nonsense. They also buzz at a person and look like they could be roaches from a distance, and sometimes make a nice crunchy noise when smashed. There are lots of good reasons to enjoy killing them.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Don't brag too much.

I'm awaiting the president's call any day now.

I have long suspected the presence of a life-taker in the heart of the Bastard.

I'm a deadly dude in a killing mood, but only when it comes to stinkbugs. Well, mosquitos too.

They get put into a jar of Clorox + water.

Thunder's using science...

One year a mess of them invaded my front bay window and entwined themselves in the lace curtains

A "mess of stinkbugs" sounds like the proper plural noun.

Substance McGravitas said...

There are lots of good reasons to enjoy killing them.

Eh. Heh. Hehe hee. Heheheheh. Ha. Ha ha ha. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. HA HA HA HA HA! AHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA!!!!

squirrel_e_girl said...

" I'm a deadly dude in a killing mood, but only when it comes to stinkbugs. Well, mosquitos too ."

You forgot earwigs.

Earwigs are horrifying
...and super fun to squish.

Smut Clyde said...

Earwigs are our friends. Lovely animals.
BBBB is just jealous because he's never been marmorated.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.