Thursday, September 12, 2019

Arachnaphobia Test for a Repentant Homewrecker

It wasn't the sort of sight that bothers me, but I imagine it would make an arachnaphobe blanch... a fat Araneus, with an abdomen the size of a fingernail, sitting near a padlock I needed to get to in order to lock up one of the gates at work:




I'm pretty comfortable around spiders, even big ones, but spiders aren't that comfortable around humans who need to break up their homes in order to accomplish a task. The chain shifted, the web sundered, the poor spider beat a hasty abseil to the ground. Late summer and early fall are the peak of Araneus activity, and I have to confess that I have destroyed many a web while walking the site and performing my routine duties. I feel somewhat bad about this, because these critters must be doing a number on the local mosquito population... it's just that they often build their homes in inconveniently situated, by which I mean heavily trafficked, areas.

3 comments:

Derilique said...

I have two of these beauties building their webs every night near the backdoor light under the gutter. Early one morning when it was still dark I was enthralled watching one of them spin up a hapless moth in a cocoon of silk and save it for later. There were other cocoons in the web as from earlier captures - she fed well that day. A few nights ago I watched the same spider rebuild her web after some pretty ferocious winds ripped through our area. A few hours later her web was done, and again I was enthralled with the speed at which she rocketed up, down and around her web, the supreme hunter that she is, madly cocooning her dinner. I could watch her for hours, but alas, I need my sleep.

Wholsome said...

Heartbreak can cause emotional damage,kindly look out for those cheating signs in your relationship and take your time before trusting people that you give them the right to mess with your heart. I recommend this cyber genius 'hackingloop6@gmail . com', if you want to find out if your partner is cheating on you, he's a legit and reliable hacker, he does all hacking stuff, and also improves Credit score, he is also reachable on WhatsApp + 1 484 540 - 0785,his services are affordable.

jessica02 said...

Yes your right, after contacting them myself especially in the case of insecurity and infidelity, trying to be sure you with the right partner or not, knowing all information requires no much stress until i met with cyberlord582@gmail.com
just follow their procedures and within some few hours you will definitely get the result your looking for because they are surely going to come through.
whatsapp or text +1 518 468 2985