Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Fathers' Day

Here's wishing all the dads out there a happy Fathers' Day. I know that most people in our society are closer to their moms than to their dads (I being no exception here), but I have to say that things seem to be getting better. In my peer group, the fathers are careful to take time to spend with their children, and there is more of a sharing of labor with moms... I think that enough of us saw our parents getting divorced and made the determination to do better in our personal relationships.

A recent Raw Story post detailed the need for better work/life policies for men as well as women. The conversation is about the need for men to receive time to care for their families, an issue which was largely considered a 'women's' problem until recently. I have to observe that feminism, contrary to the bleats of the MRA whiners and 'red-pill' bros, helps men.

Hey, how about a Fathers' Day treat? Here's a sweet video of Mick Jones of the Clash singing the classic Hitsville UK with his lovely daughter, Lauren:





That's one of my all-time favorite songs, and dad and daughter seem to be having a ball singing that duet.

No comments: