Thursday, June 30, 2016

Comical Quackers

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I spend a lot of time on the Bronx River Trailway, a perfect place for biking or walking, or just hanging out... and it's the best place I know for mulberry picking. For many years, these four comical 'feral' ducks (I'd suspect they were pets that got too big or too 'bothersome' for some fool- we often get these 'discards' thrown over our fence at work, the last memorable occurrence involving a 'wild' turkey) have been a fixture at the park:




These four are inseparable. They get along with the Canada geese and mallards, all of which exhibit that tameness that well-fed park anatidae seem to show. I don't even begrudge these birds when they eat my mulberries.

2 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Quackers!

The ones at Shilling Park in Columbus would mob anyone who even looked like they once had a bread crumb.
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I know the feeling, there are certain parks in which the ducks just go berserk over junk food.