Monday, January 12, 2015

La Dolce Donna

From the "damn, I didn't know they were still alive" files, here comes news of Anita Ekberg's death at the ripe (and I mean ripe) old age of eighty-three. Anita Ekberg put the "OO" in va-va-voom! Her lofty position in the pantheon of cinema sex sirens can be summed up in one two minute scene from Federico Fellini's La Dolce Vita:





Besides her status as fifties-vintage, fifty megaton sex bomb, Ms. Ekberg was lionized in a song by Dylan, before he went all Judas-y.

Perhaps the best comment I've read concerning Ms. Ekberg's sex-status symbol was an autobiographical bit from "Raw Story" reader Bronxboy47:

Goodbye Anita. You and Sophia created some serious confusion when this gay man was a teenager. But it was all sorted out eventually. You were, and remain, unforgettable.

Good one! Perhaps Anita could even have straightened out a bunch of self-loathing closeted Mormons.

Buon riposo, Anita, ti sognero' tutta la notte.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a bad person, I don't want Anita or Sophia (my personal fem-crush, btw, along with Ava Gardner) to "straighten" out any closeted Mormons. ANYthing that keeps religiously patriarchal asshats from breeding more is aok with me!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

You're never going to get your own planet to rule over, herlander.
~

Anonymous said...

I know, I know....but hey, I'd be happy to just be in charge of THIS one for a week...

yanmaneee said...

kyrie 5 shoes
kd 11 shoes
westbrook shoes
kd 10
hogan outlet
timberlands
adidas nmd
nike react
jordan shoes
curry 6 shoes