Saturday, January 3, 2015

Eat Like a Leopard Seal

At a recent party I attended, the hostess assembled some whimsically creative appetizers:




In (hopefully) uncharacteristic fashion, it took me a while to figure out what the little "penguins" were made of- a glimpse across the room had me wondering if they were some sort of confections. Thankfully, I was able to suss out the truth as soon as I got up close to them.

Being a big fan of the olive in all of its permutations (even as an improvised weapon, which brings us back to penguins), I scarfed these little things down as if I were a ravenous leopard seal:





Or a marine videographer...

It could have been a lot worse, I wasn't acting like a fur seal.

6 comments:

Smut Clyde said...

"Leopard seal" link is all self-referential.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

'Eat food. Not too much. Mostly penguins.'
~

Smut Clyde said...

Ill just leave this here.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

"Leopard seal" link is all self-referential.

OOPS! Thanks for pointing that out.

'Eat food. Not too much. Mostly penguins.'

One benefit of working alone is not having to explain sudden paroxysms of laughter.

Ill just leave this here.

Rule 34!

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

very cute.

Both the picture and the video.

Did I mention that while in Playa del Carmen, we took advantage of an opportunity to swim/snorkel with manatees? It was magical...

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Did I mention that while in Playa del Carmen, we took advantage of an opportunity to swim/snorkel with manatees? It was magical...

That must have been a lovely experience, interacting with those cute/ugly, gentle creatures.