Friday, January 30, 2015

Jack London Story Weather

Oof, tonight the temperatures are supposed to hit ten degrees Fahrenheit (about -12 Celsius), with serious wind chills. It's not quite as bad as something out of a Jack London short story, but it's unpleasant. Before heading to work, I went to the shop where I usually buy workclothes and picked up a pair of flannel-lined jeans. Yeah, it's that bad, ordinary dungarees just won't cut it on a night like this. When I go out on my regular inspection tours, I'm dressed in full-on snow-ninja fashion- can't have too much exposed skin on a night like this. I also prophylactically slathered my hands and face with Queen Helene cocoa butter lotion before heading to work, and have a small tube of a store-brand moisturizer in my bag to touch up the hands and the spot between my eyes before heading out on the periodic walkabout.

One of my co-workers brought Fred and Ginger home with him for the weekend, because it's supposed to be pretty brutal weather-wise for the next couple of days. I'm going to miss the cats, I was planning on stuffing Ginger in my pants and Fred under my shirt to keep us all warm.

3 comments:

Smut Clyde said...

I was planning on stuffing Ginger in my pants and Fred under my shirt

Evidently ferret-stuffing is not enough of a challenge for the kids today.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I'd guess the odds of mischievous miscreants committing acts of mayhem are lower, too.
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Evidently ferret-stuffing is not enough of a challenge for the kids today.

I think the state limits ferret ownership.

I'd guess the odds of mischievous miscreants committing acts of mayhem are lower, too.

Yeah, I'm not happy to be here under these conditions, and I'm paid to be here.