Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Rivers, You Know How Is the Story

Today is one of those days where I have to hotfoot it from one worksite to another, so I'll fall on the old "Post a Video" gambit. Being a big bad bald bastard fan of spaghetti westerns, and a huge Ennio Morricone fan, I'm posting a video for the gorgeous, though unintentionally hilarious, A Gun for Ringo. Singer Maurizio Graf has a rich voice, but he sounds like he's working from a poor phonetic rendering of the lyrics:





Mind you, I'm not knocking Signor Graf's performance- his English performance is a lot better than my rendition of, for example, Una Spina e Una Rosa would be.

UPDATE: Re-listening to the instrumental portion of the song, it sounds like something that could have been played as a "slow dance" at a late 50's/early 60's high school prom, much in the same vein as Sleep Walk.

No comments: