Thursday, February 10, 2011

Another Quick Post

Again, I will be working at a site I typically work at only a handful of times during the course of the year (though I love the staff, and the site is gorgeous). Before heading up to the site, I am planning on doing a little eagle watching (although I saw at least two eagles on site last Tuesday). While I am the sort of person who seeks novelty, there are a couple of yearly pilgrimages I conduct as a matter of routine.

Gotta bundle up- with the wind chill, it's in the single digits (Fahrenheit), and the wind off the Hudson is particularly biting. It's a pity I have to go to work, 'cos a wee nip of brandy would be just the thing to take the edge off the chill.

UPDATE: I saw at least three (2 adults and 1 juvenile), and possibly five eagles (those suckers cover a lot of ground) at the park- seeing two enormous, predacious be-winged beasties cooing to each other like lovey-dovey budgies is an inspiring, somewhat comical sight. I also need to get a decent camera, like that Thunder guy. Yeah, it was my New Year's resolution last year... at least I kept the "100 pushups a day" one. When I got to the work site, I saw one, possibly two, adult eagles. Life is pretty damn sweet.

6 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Be sure to take pics, especially if you see any more shrines to The Great Old Ones.
~

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

No hair?

Things could be worse.
~

Vonnie said...

fridge note:
did you receive my email?

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

fridge note:
did you receive my email?


Yes, I did... oh, baby!

I keed, I keed!

Be sure to take pics, especially if you see any more shrines to The Great Old Ones.

It was high tide, (this far downstream, the Hudson is still "tidal", and the valley is a fjord) so the shrines were all submerged. No evil Girl Scouts setting up their altars today.

Vonnie said...

;)

Dr.KennethNoisewater said...

at least I kept the "100 pushups a day" Oh, quit teasing all your adoring readers.

Counhomp! Paging JK Rowling...I found your next whimsical surname.