Thursday, June 17, 2010

Finished a Phase

Today marked the end of the No-Response Follow-Up phase of the Census (at least in the locale assigned to my "crew"). We had a meeting this morning to hand in the last of our work, and there will most likely be a three week hiatus until the next stage of the Census. I have to say that I've had fun doing this work- I love my once and future co-workers (most of whom are neighbors), and I have developed a greater appreciation for the City of Y______. Last night, as I was heading out to put the finishing touches on the work, I was struck at how lovely the vistas in my hilly home are. Yeah, I was walking down to the Bronx border to pound on some recalcitrant jerk's door, but the walk was lovely (and I confess, I enjoyed pounding on the doors of the few people who turned out to be uncooperative).

It's been an interesting and informative month and a half.

4 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

KNOCK KNOCK!

Hello!

We're from the government, and we're here to count!
~

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

We're from the government, and we're here to count!


mwa-ah-ah-haah!

Glennis said...

I think working for the census would be a really interesting job that would expose you to a wide variety of people.

Purslane??? I don't grow it but here you can find it in the farmers' markets because a lot of middle eastern people like it in salads and things, especially Iranians. There's a big Persian population in LA.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

There's actually a lot of purslane in this area- I'd always scarf it down while weeding the garden.

Next big score- lamb's quarters!