Friday, June 18, 2010

Big Beer Weekend...

...started last night. I don't have to do a damn thing today, so I'm looking forward to a big beer day today. I could have started it this morning, as all the local bars were showing the U.S./Slovenia match, but I decided to forgo the "drunk by noon" scenario. At 4:30, there will be free Newcastle Brown Ale at one of my favorite haunts in Yonkers, and at 6:30, guitar slinger/ballad singer Mary Courtney will be playing An Beal Bocht in the Bronx. At 8:30, I'll be meeting some folks at yet another Yonkers gin mill. Busy busy busy! Beery beery beery!

Tomorrow will be more low key- the local library is having a big book sale, which I'll hit before driving up to the local brewery to sample the new seasonal beer, and to get my growler filled (not a veiled buttsecks reference).

Sunday is a different matter entirely... I'll be putting in a sixteen hour day on the job, which isn't bad, since I work in such a beautiful place.

UPDATE: After receiving free beer and swag from the adorable Newcastle Brown Ale girls, I went to The Poor Mouth for a couple of hours of music, only to learn that the Guinness girls would be coming to distribute free Guinness and Harp, and to hand out swag. So, a long-legged, auburn-haired charmer is handing out free beer- what's not to like? Big Beer Night was a resounding success.

3 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Lucky!

I think I have to go to the orifice and work on some FHA multifamily loans.

P.S. Census story for you.
~

Smut Clyde said...

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Pictures or it didn't happen.

I'll post pictures of my swollen, cirrhotic liver when the biopsy results come back.