Monday, March 14, 2022

We Continue Our Countdown to 2022's Solemn Feast of St Patrick

I've been preoccupied for much of the past week, so I haven't been keeping up on my traditional countdown to the Solemn Feast of St Patrick.  This year, I have been posting about lesser known Irish rock bands, and today's post concerns The Fatima Mansions, led by curmudgeonly frontman Cathal Coughlan.  From their 1989 debut, 'Against Nature', here's Only Losers Take th Bus

The band played on for not-quite-a-decade, releasing their final album 'Lost in the Former West' in 1994. To illustrate the band's blend of hard-rock and scathing social commentary, here's Popemobile to Paraguay:


Mr Coughlan is still releasing material and holding the powerful to account.  In light of the revelations about Tuam and the Magdalene Laundries, I will note that he's been right all along.

No comments: