Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Leave Early, Avoid Idiots

I'm just about to hit the road to visit my mom in northern Virginia.  She needs some help with some stuff, and I try to be a dutiful son.  I figured I'd leave around midnight because I am used to working graveyard shifts, and I want to arrive at Mom's house around dawn, before the convoy of idiots hit the road later in the morning. 

I'm going to try to post each day while I am in Virginia, but I make no promises.  I'm going to try to keep abreast of the news while out-of-state, but I'm grateful for some distraction.

3 comments:

davidchop said...

No doubt you mother, or your own past experience, has prepared you for a foray into the DC region and its traffic, but for the benefit of your readers who may not be aware; A word of advice from a former long term NOVA resident:

If you run into a huge traffic jam in the DC region, your first thought should NOT be, "dang, Trump Truckers actually having some impact here!" No. All a traffic jam in DC means is that you're in DC. No one is even going to notice the difference due to these jag offs. Going to DC to cause a traffic jam isn't the dumbest ideas these clowns have ever had, but it's pretty high on the list.

Richard said...

Greetings to your mother. Drive carefully.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I took the back way in, and didn't encounter much traffic. It helped that I arrived at Mom's house by 6:30AM.