Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Family Fun Time

Yesterday, I arrived at Mom's house right around 6:30 in the morning, having had an uneventful overnight drive to the Washington DC metro area.  Suffice it to say, after having a perhaps-breakfast/perhaps-dinner with Mom, I ended up sleeping the rest of the morning.

My super-sarcastic sister, having gotten a new job in NoVa a couple of months ago, is staying with Mom while her husband is staying in the SF Bay area to sell their house.  I hadn't seen her in a while (pre-COVID), so dinner was a good opportunity to catch up on what's going on with my nephews.  It was also nice to have a taste of pre-pandemic normality for a change, even if it was something as simple as a low-key family dinner.

Today, I will be running some errands with Mom and making sure that her lawnmower starts after sitting idle in the garage all winter... typical suburban stuff that I haven't had to deal with because I rent an apartment.  Tomorrow is the big day, when I have to drive Mom to a doctor's appointment for a follow-up to a procedure she had a while ago.  It's the real reason I drove down here.   

This is a 'working vacation', but I'm having a good time hanging out with Mom and Sis.  We've had some catching up to do.  Hopefully, sometime in the near future, we'll be able to get the entire extended family together... we haven't all been under the same roof in altogether too long.

1 comment:

Ali Redford said...

A good time with loved ones is good-this is great to read! Here's to a generally nice visit for you all.