Saturday, December 25, 2021

Remote Christmas

Christmas has been low-key... I am working the day, having made a deal with a coworker to take Thanksgiving off so he could take Christmas off.  It's quiet here, but I was able to participate in a Zoom call with Mom, all of my siblings, and a bunch of nieces and nephews.  Everybody is doing well, I'm happy to say.  If things ever return to a semblance of normality, we will be planning a big family reunion.  It's been too long.

I'm planning on making dinner soon, a sort of 'deconstructed cordon bleu', a layered casserole of sauteed chicken, cubed ham, and a Mornay sauce.  It'll be another night of hotplate and toaster oven cooking, so I won't be pounding cutlets flat and rolling them up.  Who's got time for that?

Working on Christmas isn't a big deal in this age of social distancing and 'remote' events.  It's not like a big family gathering was in the works.  Meanwhile, the phone has been chiming with Christmas wishes from the extended friend network. 

3 comments:

Richard said...

Greetings from the extended friends network!

Anonymous said...

And another.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Thanks, people! Happy holidays, all.