Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Meanwhile, in Local News

Today, my local news feed informed me that our county executive has declared a state of emergency as COVID hospitalizations increased dramatically.  Thankfully, the number of hospitalizations is a mere 84 patients, though that's 84 too many.  Our governor has already ordered thirty hospitals in-state to halt elective surgical procedures... well, there goes my plan to get butt implants!

When I read news that the omicron variant was detected in NY State, I joked that I might go into hermit mode for the next six months, and that plan seems even more appealing now.  This time of year, I typically only see three human coworkers in the course of a week.  In the meantime, I received confirmation that the HR department deemed my emailed photograph of my COVID Vaccination Card sufficient proof of vaccination (no proper scan and export as PDF needed)- failure to provide proof by 12/8 would have meant suspension without pay.  I'm totally cool with that policy.

1 comment:

John said...

Dear BBBB,

I cut off every one of my friends who either told me they supported TFG45, or began putting TFG45 decals on everything. Initially, I ignored their Emails and FB posts, but eventually I had to move to a "Get the fuck away from me" position, with accompanying unfriendings on FB and "spam" labels on their Email.

At first, losing some of "those people" hurt, but I came to discover I had less stress in my life.

Pro tip: scan your shot record and save it as a PDF for your telephone.

Best,

Father Duffy