Saturday, August 26, 2017

Trump's First Major Natural Disaster

It was bound to happen, a natural disaster occurring on Vulgarmort's watch, as a monster category 4 hurricane slammed into Texas' gulf coast. While Harvey has been downgraded to a tropical storm, it is still dumping fucktons of rain on Texas. I am reminded of Hurricane Irene, a slow-moving storm which dumped buckets and buckets of rain, being particularly devastating to New England.

Trump's response to Hurricane Harvey will be fascinating to watch- the man is an incompetent boob, but the storm hit 'Trump Country', so I suspect he will make a big show of sending help, even if it's ineffectual. Trump's FEMA head, Brock Long, seems to be marginally competent... it's not like his sole organizational experience has been running a horse-fanciers' club. I also have to note that Trump has been gutting NOAA's budget, which will negatively impact future tropical storm modeling.

Being a New Yorker, by which I mean someone who never forgets anything, I have to note that Texas Senators Cornyn and Cruz, shitbags both, voted against Hurricane Sandy relief five years ago. While I would never wish Senators Schumer and Gillibrand to vote against hurricane relief for Texas, I sure hope they name any legislation to that effect the 'Ted Cruz and John Cornyn Are Worthless Pieces of Trash' bill.

Stay safe, Texans, by which I mean Nasreen and family. Stay safe.

1 comment:

Grung_e_Gene said...

Government $$$ only for registered Democrats, bootstraps for Texass Republicans.