Saturday, June 8, 2013

One Final Push

The site rental which has occupied much of my worktime is coming to an end this weekend. The head honcho of the project informed me that the work is supposed to come to an end around 2 or 3AM, so they should be out of here by 5AM. It'll be a lot more quiet around here as things return to normal, and I will be able to spend more quality time with mah preshus kittehs (Moses remains in the building in which he works as a mouser, while Fred and Ginger typically squeeze out one of the windows in their building and roam the grounds).

Of course, there are a couple of upcoming summer fundraisers which will go on into the evening hours, but generally speaking, I am able to lock up the building at 5:30 or 6PM and have the place to myself for hours.

NOTE: Just found out that Arturo Vega, who designed the now-ubiquitous Ramones logo passed away this afternoon. For this sad occasion, how about one of the Ramone's sad, "downtempo" numbers? Here's the appropriate Here Today, Gone Tomorrow:


3 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

The KKK took my baby away
~

mikey said...

Back when I was doing my most serious high country backpacking, I'd use this (on a cassette walkman, of course) to get me to the top when I was just plain outta juice.

One long pull to top the mountain
One long pull and you're into the sky

http://youtu.be/iCtf3cVWFGk

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

The KKK took my baby away

Have you read I Slept with Joey Ramone? There are a couple of conflicting backstories to the song.

Back when I was doing my most serious high country backpacking, I'd use this (on a cassette walkman, of course) to get me to the top when I was just plain outta juice.

It's amazing what a motivating factor music can be. During a hilly 60 mile bike ride (we rode on this road, which had been closed to motor vehicles), I found myself shouting out a stupid rugby song that a friend of a friend sang while drinking:

"WE! ARE! WARRIORS!!!"

I don't even remember the rest of the lyrics.