Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Shake Spear

Working the graveyard shift, I figured I'd do some research for an involved post about botany, a super-geeky plant post which has some bearing on current events. My ambition was pretty much shattered in the four o'clock hour when I saw a Sysco truck pull into the parking lot, which necessitated a sprint across the property (for the record, I typically run a tab... I figured long ago that I'm the type of person who'd rather stand and fight than run). The food vendor who is feeding the people renting our property came in a lot earlier than is typical. There go my dreams of a quiet dawn, spent chasing down links about plant biology. I will get a free breakfast out of the deal, though...

Now that my long, ambitious post has been put on hold for the time being, I figured I'd put up a "housekeeping" post. A quick glance at my blogroll will reveal that there have been several additions in the past couple of months. The two latest additions to the blogroll are both Sadlynaughts who use tumblr, which is what all the cool kids are using these days. Without further ado, let me present the blog of Shakezula, who won my admiration with her trenchant comments, and won my love with her contribution to the oeuvre of Objectivist Morrissey:


The boy with the thorn in his side,
I hope his health care is denied



The second addition to the blogroll is talented artist and hat-wearing dandy Spearhafoc, whose renditions of the alien menageries of late 19th century and early to mid 20th century science fiction authors rival those of Wayne Barlowe. His tumblr reminds me of the awesome yog-blogsoth art blog. Anybody who loves to draw monsters and aliens is alright in my book.

I love it when the "neighborhood" grows- my blogroll members have been instrumental in my continuing blogging efforts, and I am more than happy to add to the mix of personalities.


4 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Geeky plant post sounds good!

I was just out surveying the local flora and fauna, meself.
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Did you find any edibles? Like geese?

M. Bouffant said...

Off topic, yet relevant to your interests: C.D. Morrissey.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Off topic, yet relevant to your interests: C.D. Morrissey.

Funny, I don't know of any eight year old Smiths fans- that clip is strictly targeted at nostalgic 80's kids. Thanks for the link, I'm one of those 80's kids.