Saturday, June 22, 2013

Who Are You and What Have You Done with the Bastard?

In a comment to my last post, the redoubtable Smut Clyde inquired:

I see no allusion to the sexiness of robots and I call Shenanigans. What have you done with the real BBBB?

Indeed, Monsieur Clyde (if that is his real name) knows that one of the Bastard trademarks is posting a link to the song S.E.X.Y.R.O.B.O.T. by Barcelona's Pinker Tones whenever robots are mentioned. Rest assured, I did not outsource my last blog post to a cadre of orphans working in a letter mill, nor did I have Fred or Ginger write it. To tell the truth, I was totally going to post a link to S.E.X.Y.R.O.B.O.T. in the post, but it was a bit of a rush job (besides getting home after 3AM on Wednesday, work's been pretty hectic these days with a slew of summer fundraisers in the pipeline, so posting has been more difficult than is typical). In order to redeem myself, I figure I need to post a couple of videos for S.E.X.Y.R.O.B.O.T..

Here's a hilarious video for the song:





Here's the performance video for the song:





For a departure, here's a version of S.E.X.Y.R.O.B.O.T. mashed up with their song 24:





For all of you lounge music aficianados, here's the version of S.E.X.Y.R.O.B.O.T. featuring the lovely and talented Virginia Maestro:





The Pinker Tones have extolled the "sexy robot" aesthetic since day one, as the video for their first single stars a francophone Betty Boopbot:





So, how the hell did some dude from Yonkers become such a big fan of Barcelona's most hilarious electronica band? It all started back in the days when I still had cable TV... I was switching channels and came across a gleefully subversive animated video being played on one of the Spanish language networks:





I've been a fan ever since. Now, as for the sexiness of the robots in Dr John Long's lab at Vassar, I will let you make your own determination... Rule 34 is VERY subjective.

NOTE: My co-worker **REDACTED** recently bought a pair of kickass omnidirectional USB-port speakers on e-bay, and magnanimously left them here for me to use. The best thing about working alone on the graveyard shift is being able to blast a song called S.E.X.Y.R.O.B.O.T. at full volume while dancing like a maniac in one's office. The cats are hiding somewhere, but they'll crawl out of the woodwork as soon as their primate co-worker cuts out the nonsense.

5 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

the redoubtable Smut Clyde

You can doubt him again and again.
~

mikey said...

Ahhh. Thanks Thunder. I thought Mr. Bastard was suggesting that, should trouble occur, we could take shelter behind Smut Clyde, using him as a redoubt...

Smut Clyde said...

What's this about a redub table?

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

You can doubt him again and again.

OUCH!

I thought Mr. Bastard was suggesting that, should trouble occur, we could take shelter behind Smut Clyde, using him as a redoubt...

A human shield, in other words...

What's this about a redub table?

Not enough versions of the song for ya?

usb desk fan said...

I've been working with Becky Williams through American Crafts for almost a year now